If you are one of those individuals who have a blast taking night trips, you should without a doubt invest in some night vision binoculars. Your need for this pair of technology is independent of what you actually do in the dark. If you seize the cover of darkness to enjoy wildlife in their natural habitat, explore caves, fish, go camping, boating or hunt, whichever you are into, you will need a pair of night time binoculars to improve your vision in the pitch black night.
Sure you might have the regular pair of binoculars, or if you are up to date with your tech, you probably own one of the latest camera binoculars designed to take pictures of your target object even in low light. But remember, low light situations are nothing like the pitch black darkness you will experience in the caves, or while on a lake at night. As such, while costly, they will do squat for you while in the dark.
You probably think about it by now, but let me just cut you short. Using a flashlight to improve your binocular vision will only work to scare away any wild animal around you thereby ruining your experience altogether.
Night vision binoculars are perfect for when you want to move around undetected and still get clear images. Animals have been created or over time evolved (depending on which creation theory you subscribe to) to be able to see in the dark. Humans do not have this ability and as such to compensate, they come up with innovative ways to counter their inhibitions. Night vision binoculars are one of such creations.
With regards to technology and functionality, night vision binoculars work in a similar manner as the digital cameras. While they may vary in size and price, they are nearly as powerful. After deciding on the use of your night vision binoculars you are ready to enjoy what the night has to offer. If you do your homework well and choose the best night vision binoculars, you just might see better in the darkness than some nocturnal creatures. Fascinating right?
Our Top Picks
Night Vision Binoculars Reviews
Solomark Night Vision Monocular
When you first lay your eyes on this device, the first thought that will pop into your head, if you are honest enough to admit it to yourself, is that it is an odd looking device. This is not to say that it is not beautiful. As a matter of fact, as a tech device, its design is appealing to the eye.
Now, Solomark is one of the leading brands on the night vision binoculars industry. This particular unit, the Solomark Night Vision Monocular has grown in popularity and most users have nothing but praise for the unit. but the question is, is the unit really worth all the praise it is getting or does it fall short?
To start with, we should point out the fact that the monocular is a generation 1 gadget. Nonetheless, the unit comes with a host of features that make it so difficult not to fall in love with the gadget.
The unit is designed to be compact and very lightweight which makes it very versatile. Put into numbers, the unit weighs 11.5oz. and measures 5.8in x 4in x 1.85in.You can put it on different night time activities. Being a lightweight device, you can handle it for prolonged periods of time without getting tired.
The monocular is designed to be sensitive to low light. Even without coupling it with the IR illuminator, this night vision unit is able to deliver great and usable images in dim light. This feature alone makes it stand out from the sea of units that provide low-quality images without their IR illuminators. You feel like you have gotten a bargain when you purchase this unit – which in actual sense it is.
In addition to its low light sensitivity, the unit also features an image and video functionality. With the monocular, you can take videos and photos when you please. In addition to this, you can record the videos you take. To allow you to record lengthy videos and take lots of pictures, the unit comes with a 4GB Micro-SD card. This storage is expandable up to 32GB. In addition to the Micro-SD, the monocular also comes with a USB port. This port is designed to allow transfer of data (videos and photos), to a PC.
Inside the monocular is a color LCD screen which provides you with clear videos and images. The images and videos have a resolution of 640 x 480 while the LCD screen comes with a resolution of 320 x 240px.
For flexibility, the unit comes with a 7 level variable IR illumination. With this option, you can get the right brightness on the images you view. Speaking of viewing images, the unit comes with a zoom control that has a maximum of 2X magnification. The magnification levels start from a 1X increase to 1.3X, 1.6X and then finally 2X.
The monocular has a 14-degree field of view and has a detection distance of 100m for man and 300m for vehicles.
Lastly, for safety and convenience purposes, the unit comes with a binocular harness. In addition, it can be mounted on a tripod for when you are observing your objects for a long time and need to relieve your hands from the tension and fatigue that builds up over time. The exterior of this unit is covered with soft rubber which increases your grip and cushions it when it falls thus protecting it from damage.
This Solomark night vision monocular runs on 4 AA batteries. These batteries can last for 5 hours.
- A great gadget which enable you to observe target in complete darkness. Ideal for a wide variety of uses such as surveillance, nighttime hunting wildlife observation and exploring caves.
- With multi-coated glass objectives, high sensitivity sensor, integrated color LCD-Screen and 3level IR LED illuminator. You can view in the dark up to 328ft/100m, get the brightness you want.
- Take photos and videos at any time, record more true-to-life details. Also it’s easy to display images and videos on the television and transfer files to a computer, which enables you to share fun with your family and friends.
- Handy and safe —Can be mounted on a tripod, Put into a bag, or linked to a binocular harness. It is covered by rubber on the outface, which gains more friction, not easy to slip out.
- Notice: Regarding the way to open the battery case, you can check photos .Two Year Limited Warranty. Comes with 8GB micro SD card, mini USB cable, AV cable, neck strap and soft carrying case. Requires 4xAA batteries (not included).
Aurosports 10×25 Folding High Powered Binoculars
When looking for a high quality and affordable night vision binoculars, you should consider this unit, the Aurosports 10X25 Folding High Powered binoculars.
While the brand may not be as popular as many that you have come across in the past, its low price, coupled with high quality and features have won over the hearts of many individuals who go ahead to sing its praises after purchase.
It is a perfect binocular for bird attaching, both during the day and at night. We should point out that the unit has low light level sensitivity for its night vision technology. This is efficient, but you will not be able to see anything in total darkness. This should however not be a factor to discourage your purchase since other units also cannot work in total darkness.
With regards to its field of view, the unit can focus on your target 1000 yards away while still providing you with incredible detail of the object in the distance. Speaking of which, the unit has a 10X magnification and 25mm objective lens.
The unit comes with multi-coated lenses which help to reduce lens reflections and also improve the clarity of the image as well as offer protection to the lenses.
For comfort, the unit comes with a hyper-durable anti-slip grip. This allows you to handle the unit even with wet and slippery hands. In addition to this, and where the unit beats most products, it is waterproof.
The binoculars are best used with kids and adults alike and are perfect for exploring, hiking, sailing, viewing, outdoor sports, concert and bird watching.
- Perfect compact lightweight binoculars for bird watching. Can be Used for both day and night (low-light-level night vision, can't see anything in complete darkness)
- Large field of view. Focusing in on your target for brilliant detail at 1000 yards out.
- Fully multi-coated lenses, waterproof, hyper-durable anti-slip grip gives you everything you want. Light-weight and can be folded, very convenient and easy to carry
- 10x magnification with 25 mm objective lens allows you to see objects 10x’s closer with clarity that strikes envy into the heart of your bird watching friends
- Suitable for both adults and kids, fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc.
Bushnell 260501 Equinox Series 6L
For most people when darkness covers the land, adventure stops. But if you are one who will invest in the Bushnell 260501 Equinox Series 6L, this is something you will not have experience. While there are many other companies on the market, Bushnell has carved out a place for themselves over the years.
Now this Bushnell is a powerful infrared illumination and has very high performance glass objectives. With the powerful infrared illumination, the unit is able to provide you with images in low light environment.
Adding to this, the unit comes with a magnification power of 4X which agreed is not the best we have seen but still decent enough. This magnification is coupled with a 50mm objective lens.
For the housing, the unit is designed with a ragged exterior for an improved grip. In addition to this, the housing is made to be water resistant which makes the unit usable in high humidity environments and even in the rain. Just be sure not to leave it expose to the rain for prolonged periods.
The Bushnell 260501 is designed to be tripod mountable for convenience and also comes with a video out capability. Speaking of video out functionality the unit can not only be used to capture video but also to record video.
Last but not least, the unit runs on two convenient double AA batteries, and weighs 1.6 pounds.
Occer 12×25 Compact Night Vision Binoculars
If you’re an individual for whom an environment of darkness does not stop your sense of adventure, then investing in Occer 12×25 Compact Binoculars is extremely worthwhile. The unit is designed with a large eyepiece containing a smooth center and is provided with a right eye focus knob for easy and precise focal adjustment.
This unit of binocularshas 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, permitting to look farther and see wider. The compact binoculars have 15mm big eyepieces, allowing images to be seen more clearly than other sets. Additionally, the unit has adjustable eye cups which can be pulled down to fit the user.
The binoculars are extremely light in weight and are covered with BAK4 prism texture. The unit’s objective lens uses optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, while the eyepiece-optical is made of blue FMC coating. This design can mostly reflect the light to give a good and clear image.
The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and come with a binocular strap, allowing the unit to be used hands-free. The binoculars are very small in size, usually fitting into pockets. Additionally, the unit has a nonslip rubber outer shell, especially, made for a shockproof, water resistant piece with a secure grip.
The binocular is portable and compact, making it easy to use with even one hand. This feature of the set permits it to be used for various activities like – opera, bird watching, camping, traveling, watching football games or other outside activity.
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, letting you look farther and see wider. Coating with FMC Broadband coating and premium BAK4 prism, it ensure imaging verisimilar.
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer, getting close to lens and see easily. The long eye relief combined with large eyepiece give you a comfortable viewing while wearing sunglasses or eye glasses. For those who do not wear glasses, will gain more focused slight and feel more easeful through rising eye cups. The compact binoculars has 15mm large eyepieces, can see more clear image than other binoculars.
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective lens use optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, and the eyepiece-optical is made of blue FMC coating. All design can can mostly reflect the light to keep a good image and make you have a amazing experience.
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the birding binoculars for opera,bird watching camping, traveling,wildlife watching,football games,cruise or other outside activity, the low light night vision goggles(Not for completely dark night) is more convenient for using and carrying.
- 【DURABLE AND LIFE WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it also come with a cruise binocular strap, you can use this item in different situations. And nonslip rubber armor is made for secure grip, shockproof, light water resistant.The pocket size binoculars is not only suitable for men and women,but also suitable for kids.It is wonderful to be a gift on Father's Day and Children's Day.
Wangyishengshi DAXGD Night Vision Binoculars
Wangyishengshi DAXGD Binoculars is an 8×35 High Powered Military Optical Telescope with Strap Backpack Lens Cap as well as Eyepiece Cap, making it one of the best sets in this class.
It has 8 x magnifications along with auto focusing, giving the user a visual range up to 9800 feet. The unit is designed with an ultra-wide angle optics system and 50 mm Lens diameter, allowing the user to expand the scope of the observation.
Additionally, the set has strong optical lenses making it useful both in the day as well as at night. The set does have one drawback as its night vision function is the Hd LLL night vision and not infrared night-vision. So, it can only be used in the faint light environment and not in total darkness.
These binoculars set has multiple purposes as it can be used for traveling, stadium sports, bird watching, concerts, hunting, hiking, etc.
- Attention: Strong optical lenses make it can be used both day and night， Night vision function of this product is the Hd LLL night vision, not infrared night-vision goggles, it can be used in faint light environment, not total darkness
- 10x magnification, auto focusing, visual range up to 9800 feet
- 50 mm Lens diameter, designed with ultra wide angle optics system, expanding the scope of the observation
- Multipurpose binoculars for traveling, stadium sports, bird watching, concerts, hunting, hiking, etc
- Best customer service will be provided. Contact us whenever you need help
If you’re looking for a good pair of low light night vision binoculars, then no need to go further than the SGODDE 10×25 Binoculars set. The unit is blessed with 10x magnification along with 25 mm objective lens, which gives a wide view of 362 feet diameter as far as 1000 yards. The set can be used for both day and night, but it can’t be used to see anything in thorough darkness.
The unit boasts of all its lenses being made from Bak-4 prisms with FMC multi-layer broadband green film, which increases the light transmittance up to 99.5% for brighter and higher-contrast images. The set also has an adjustable eye width and is extremely focusable with a large and easy center-focus knob to fit different view distance and making it easy to pull focus.
The outer cover of the set is made up of Non-slip Rubber Armor, which is specially known for its shock absorbing property as well as for providing a firm grip. The durable rubber texture anti-slip grip also safeguards against careless falling or accidental crash. The set is also waterproof (Grade IP4) and dustproof.
Last but not the least, the unit is blessed with contemporary styling, light weight and is very compact and is convenient and easy to carry. All these properties make the unit fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc.
- 【HIGH PROWERED FIELD & LOW NIGHT VISION 】 - 10x magnification with 25 mm objective lens,you even can get a 362 feet wide view at 1000 yards far away.You can see the stuffs clearly in weak light condition(NOT DARK).
- 【FULLY COATED OPTICS 】 - All lenses are made from Bak-4 prisms with FMC multi-layer broadband green film, the light transmittance increases up to 99.5% for brighter and higher-contrast images.
- 【EASY TO FOCUS】 - It equiped with a easy central focusing knob and adjustable right eyepiece to fit different view distance,even kids can use it easily.Rubber cover can be rolled down, also perfect for glasses wearer.
- 【WATER-PROOF&ANTISKID】 - Durable rubber texture anti-slip grip against careless falling or accidental crash. It is waterproof(Grade IP4),you can use this item in different situations in your daily life.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT & 1 Year Warranty】 - Contemporary style, lightweight and compact(0.55 lb,5.12x5.12in), you can put it into your pocket to go where you want to go! Fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc. If you are not satisfied with this. Contact us, we are committed to 100% satisfaction for each buyer.e you want to go! Fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc.
INTEY 12×42 Folding Night Vision Binoculars
INTEY 12×42 Folding Binoculars is a top-of-the-class night vision binoculars with 12x magnification, 42mm objective lens and 22mm diameter eye lens. These dimensions of the unit give it an edge over other sets as it allows much more light to come through making a clearer picture. The bigger eye lenses provides a wider and more comfortable watching experience.
The unit boasts an easy operation that provides broad vision and allows easy focusing of the goal image to display clear pictures accompanied by a rotatable eyepiece which is designed for both naked eyes as well as customers who wear glasses.
The outer body of the binoculars are made out of non-slip rubber-armored foldable body, making it portable, compact as well as water resistant. The set also has fold-down eyecups with 7x6x3 packing size and weighs only 1.57 lbs making it lightweight and easy to carry, store and use.
The unit is perfect for bird watching, camping, hiking, trips, fishing or for stargazing in upcoming spring holidays. Other than that, it may also be used as the night vision binoculars with dim lights to enjoy a wonderful live concert or a fierce football competition in the spacious stadium.
- 【HD 12x42 Roof Prism Binoculars】This high power 12x42 Binoculars, designed with 12X power magnification, 42mm large objective lens and 367ft/1000yds large field of view, can be used for watching large stage play, vocal concert, a football game, etc.
- 【Premium BAK4 Prism & Multilayer Coated Optics】Why not choose a high Configuration telescope? FMC(fully multi-coated) green film objective lens deliver the brightness and color fidelity you need, make your view brighter, clearer and deliver crisp images, Seeing is Believing.
- 【Lightweight,Portable, Anti-slip Grip】Lightweight Binoculars with only 1 pounds, perfect for traveling or hunting. The durable body with slip-resistant rubber armor provides a firm grip for a superior user experience.
- 【Includes Smartphone Adapter】Our binoculars can be used with a tripod (included) and allow you to capture wonderful images and share them with your friends. Compatible with iphone X, 8plus, 8,7plus, 7, 6, 6s, 6plus, 5, 5s, Samsung GALAXY S6, S6 Edge, S5 , Note, LG, HTV, Sony, Etc
- 【Life Time Replacement Guarantee】We’re so proud of the quality of products we manufacture. you have it covered by lifetime warranty and a full money-back and replacement guarantee, on all orders to allow you to test the suitability of our product.
Firefield 5×50 Nightfall 2 Night Vision Monocular
The Firefield 5×50 Nightfall 2 Night Vision Monocular is a magnificent unit with high magnification power and has large objective lens. It weighs about 1 pound, making the unit lightweight, portable and easy to operate.
The unit has a high power built-in infrared power-saving PULSE IR illumination making night vision or low light vision a wonderful experience. The lenses of the monocular have a relative aperture of 1:1.4, which allows the set to give high-quality image and resolution.
The unit is ergonomically designed with glass being used as the lens’s material and the body being plastic and requires 2 CR123A batteries for power. Its fully weather-resistant design features a modern, rubber-armored housing for exceptional portability and durability.
These features permit the unit to be used for a wide range of uses including night time hunting, search and surveillance and general observation.
- 5x Magnification And Large Objective Lens
- High power built-in infrared illumination
- Ergonomic Design And Quick Power-Up
- High magnification and large objective lens
- High quality image and resolution
Other Best Selling Options
- Clearly See in 100% Darkness - While other night vision spy gear can't provide high-quality photos & videos without ambient light, drain your batteries within minutes or they are impossible to focus and zoom, the GlassOwl High-Tech Night Vision Binoculars feature an 850 NM infrared illuminator which allows you to view animals in pitch dark for hours. The focus is smooth making it simple to capture crisp photos & videos. Use the 4" screen to view them
- Don't Let Night Stop Your Adventure - If you love spotting wildlife during the night, hunt coyotes & feral hogs, monitor your cattle, or just keep a watch out for intruders, we designed the most efficient digital IR Night Vision Binoculars. Imagine being able to capture clear photos & videos in pitch black, save everything on the memory card included, and instantly download them to show your friends. *Comes with a phone/computer card reader. It's never been easier
- Our mission is high-end optics at affordable prices - We are an American family business and our products are tested by optics experts for an unforgettable experience. The Night Vision Scanners have been developed to withstand military activities thanks to the rugged housing and it feels comfortable to hold. One customer said it perfectly: I blacked out my house at night and turned this bad boy on and I could see everything. Test them yourself
- A Perfect Gift with a 4" Viewing Screen - If you are looking for an innovative gift for a family member, the GlassOwl Spy Goggles will get anyone excited. It features a 4-inch TFT screen making it easy to view photos instantly (even with glasses) and the 2X digital zoom (3.5-7X optical zoom) allows you to see even 1300 feet away. The fully multi-coated 31 mm objective allows for crystal-clear viewing. We recommend rechargeable AA batteries. Make someone happy
- For the People, By the People - We take pride in designing only premium optics for hunting, camping, fishing, farm security, or outdoor fun. The GlassOwl includes a protective case, phone/computer SD card reader, neck strap, 32 GB SD card, USB cable, and an easy-to-read user manual. It's compatible with Bushnell or Sightmark tripods and does not include the 8 AA rechargeable batteries. Our US-Based customer service is available via phone/email every day.
- LARGE DYNAMIC WIDE SCREEN: Night Vision goggles with 2.31'' TFT view screen, convert to 3" large viewing screen by the convex lens. The night vision combines an excellent fully multi-coated all-optical system with a video camera, allows quickly capture the perfect photo or high definition video.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE NIGHT VISION: Day and night used with 3X magnification, 4 digital zoom and a 25mm objective lens, 850NM Infrared Illuminator takes image 1280x960pixel and 1280x960@30FPS video in dark. The 320*240 resolution color wide LCD screen display provide you easy to watch, you can use the USB to connect the computer to transmit data to prevent data loss.
- LONG VIEWING DISTANCE RANGE: Outstanding optical clarity, high performance digital night vision binoculars,enable you to observe the target in complete darkness and the range up to 984ft/ 300m. 7 gears infrared adjustment, according to dark environment. The higher the infrared light gear is adjusted, the farther and clearer the observation is.
- LONG CONTINUOUS RUNTIME: Up to 6 hour continuous runtime with IR illuminator on or 17 runtime without IR. Operates on 6 AA batteries (not included), no worry the battery drain out for the long time monitoring. Great for night hunting, reconnaissance, security and surveillance, camping, night navigation, night fishing, wildlife observation, search and rescue, bird watching, landscape photos.
- USER FRIENDLY WITH 32G MEMORY: Storage capacity: 4GB to 32GB (include 32GB card), Don’t worry about lacking of buffer space. Replay function,easy to view on night vision scopes directly;IP56 Water resistance; Tripod mountable(1 tripod Jack) and neck strapped. If you are not satisfied with our night vision goggles, please rest assured of a 100% refund.
- HD Night Vision Goggles used in complete darkness—This Owl Night Vision Binoculars is equipped with infrared illuminator, which allows you to view animals or other objects for hours without external light.
- Don’t let your adventure be blocked by the dark night: GTHUNDER designed this efficient and useful digital night vision binoculars for you. Imagine how cool it is to capture HD photos & videos (without sound) in total darkness. All those files will be saved on 32g memory card included. You can also transfer them to your computer later.
- Easy to use for beginners: Thanks to the rugged & durable rubber housing, the Owl Night Vision Scanner has been developed to withstand any harsh environment. Also, it is comfortable to hold and use.
- A perfect gift with 3-inch TFT screen: It is easy to view photos instantly on the 3-inch TFT screen. And you can even track targets 986 feet away by using the 4X digital zoom. Besides, you can get the clear viewing via its fully multi-coated 24mm objective.
- Free 32GB Card and Package: Not only provide free memory cards, but also a sturdy case. It is suitable for storing night vision goggles and taking it out. Package include: 1 x Night Vision Scope, 1 x Case, 1 x Neck Strap, 1 x 32G CARD, 1 x Data Cable, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Cleaning Cloth.
- Digital Night Vision System - High-Tech Night Vision Binoculars features CMOS sensor achieve achieve clear view up to 3X magnification. Equipped with infrared illuminator make available day and night, not limited by ambient light.
- Wide TFT Screen - The built-in 2.31" LCD display is converted into a large 3" viewing screen by a convex lens; Infrared illuminator make it possible to observe subjects from 300m/984ft viewing range in total darkness.
- Multifunctional - 3X magnification, 4 digital zoom and a 25mm objective lens can take HD images & 960p videos(video only, no audio)quickly. Multi-functional adjustment by 6 buttons. Turn off the IR, the video and picture will be with natural color when you use in day.
- Widely Application - IP56 water resistance, powered by 6 AA batteries and 32G memory card (included) make it work perfectly in any weather. Great for hunting, camping, fishing, wildlife observation, security and surveillance or other fun.Besides, You can also download file by connecting the device with your computer by using the supplied USB cable.
- Long Continuous Runtime - Up to 6 hour continuous runtime with IR illuminator on or 17 runtime without IR. Device Runs on 6 standard AA batteries, great for the long time monitoring
- 📷【Adjustable IR & High Performance】 Compared with other binoculars, our hunting night vision binoculars is equipped with 7 levels adjustable IR, 3W infrared LED and 850nm illuminator, which help observe target in 100% dark conditions without external light and the range up to 984ft/300m. Used with 10X magnification and 4 digital zoom, you can enjoy outstanding day and night vision. Built-in CMOS sensor achieves clear view. Suitable for hunting, camping, night fishing, etc.
- 📷【Large Dynamic Screen & Long Viewing Distance】Hollee night vision binoculars military w/2.31'' TFT view screen, convert to 3" large viewing screen by the convex lens. An excellent fully multi-coated all-optical system with camera allows quickly capture the perfect photo or high definition video. 7 gears infrared adjustment. The higher the infrared light gear is adjusted, the farther and clearer the observation is. Enable you to observe the target in complete darkness and the range up to 300m.
- 📷【Long Continuous Working Time】 Up to 6 hours continuous recording time with IR illuminator on or 17h runtime without IR. Operates on 6 AA batteries (NOT INCLUDED), you don’t need to worry the battery drain out for the long time monitoring. Allow for long-lasting use in any weather condition. Great for night hunting/fishing/navigation, reconnaissance, security and surveillance, camping, wildlife observation, search and rescue, etc.
- 📷【Easy to Use】 6 buttons to adjust multi-function. Easily switch between Photo and Video modes using the MODE button. You can view your captures on the built-in LCD screen using Playback Mode, or transfer your files to your computer via USB cable. With our night vision goggles for adults, you can capture the amazing moment in the complete darkness. A perfect INNOVATIVE gift for friends, family member on birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- 🎁【100% Satisfaction】 Pls read the user manual carefully before using. Pls kindly know our night vision goggles don't come with batteries. User friendly with 32g memory card(INCLUDED), don’t worry about lacking of buffer space. The bottom screw hole can be connected to the tripod(NOT INCLUDED). With 1080 days warranty & 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Any questions, pls kindly contact us from "Order history" → "Contact seller", we are available 24/7.
Night Vision Binoculars Buyer’s Guide
As you prepare to get yourself a clean pair of night vision binoculars, it is probably wise to have some bit of understanding of how they work. Just how do they turn night into day? Do they create their own ‘invisible light’ and illuminate it before us? Why does the hue of your vision through the binoculars change? All these are questions we seek to answer in this portion.
First and foremost, it is important to note that night vision binoculars technology does not in any way emit its own light. What these binoculars do instead, is capture any and all types of light, no matter how low or weak, and amplifies it. Light from the stars and the moon is sufficient to make this gadget work its magic. The unit also taps into the infrared spectrum light and directs it to your eyes. Most of the night vision binoculars come equipped with infrared illuminators whose work is to intensify the infrared light in your environment.
Simply put, night vision technology captures any ambient lighting, and amplifies it through an electrical and chemical process inside the binoculars. It is this electrical and chemical process that converts the photons into electrons. The electrons are then contrasted by a phosphorus screen which converts them into visible light thus allowing you to see in the might. The image seen has a green hue courtesy of the source of light. But regardless of the hue, the image is clear.
Comparing daytime binoculars to night vision binoculars, the latter do not have impressive magnification abilities. But be it as it may, and given the lighting conditions, they do bring a fair amount of distance into view and focus. Also, while the magnification is shorter, the image is far much clearer.
Now, the working of the night vision binoculars is dependent on the lighting conditions. If the sky is devoid of the stars and moon, chances are your binoculars (especially if it is low-end binoculars), will not show anything. And understandably so – they are pieces of technology and not miracle workers. The minimal amount of light available, the stronger the night vision unit needs to be. That said, we cannot emphasize enough the need of having the best night vision gadget on the market for your nighttime escapades.
Types of night vision technology
Depending on the technology the unit employs, you can see up to 200 yards from you on a moonless and cloudy night. In the section above we have outlined the general working on night vision binoculars. Here we shall detail two technologies used to realize the functioning of these gadgets.
This process provides you an image by collecting all the tiny bits of light including infrared light and amplifies them making an object visible. While these rays of light may be invisible to the human eye, the night vision binoculars are equipped with technology that can pick them up.
Image enhancement technology also has the ability to amplify light that is reflected by objects. The infrared light spectrum is picked up by this tech. you can look at this tech this way; image enhancement can almost create something out of nothing.
This tech works almost the same way as image enhancement. The only difference is that it picks up on rays appearing on the upper part of the infrared light spectrum. It turns heat into light.
Warm bodies emit their own light which the thermal imaging tech can pick up on. A live being emits more heat than a dead being like a building and even more than plants.
Here is how thermal vision binoculars work:
- The infrared light produced by an object is focused on by a special lens contained in the binoculars.
- The light is scanned by the detectors and a pattern is created using the heat signature, this pattern is referred to as a thermogram. The entire process though sounding complex and lengthy only takes a fraction of a second.
- The thermogram is transmitted to the phosphorus screen as an electrical impulse after which an image is formed.
Night Vision Binoculars Buying Guide
Now that you understand the different technologies used, let’s have a look at some of the factors that you should consider when choosing the best night vision binoculars. Given the many different types of night vision binoculars on the market, you cannot possibly overlook these factors.
The first question you need to ask yourself is what you will be doing with the binoculars. Will you be using them to hunt, to enforce your security, for recon, nature observation or just have fun with the night vision (yes many people love this)
If you are into hunting and do so in a wide and open area, you will need a unit with greater magnification what a brush hunter would need. If the goal is to observe nature, then you will need to determine just how far you will need to be from the wildlife to be safe and still have a great experience. For both of these cases, it calls for you to check on the detection and recognition ranges.
After determining what you are into, now ask yourself how dedicated you are to the task you have identified.
Will the unit withstand a fall or a drop?
Is the unit you have your eyes set on waterproof? If not, is it still useful for exploring and hunting? Consider the features of the units and match them up with your needs to choose the best unit.
How serious are you with your night vision binocular purchase?
If you are after a picture perfect image, then you will have to invest some considerable amount of money in a good and quality unit. This is more so if you are a hard-core hunter. But if you are just a casual user, then you can afford to forego some features and save on the costs.
Generation is probably the biggest determinant of price with any night vision binoculars. We shall not get down into the intricacies of this technology, but instead, we shall highlight what differentiates between the different generations.
- These are best suited for night vision beginners or for casual observes.
- They have a low recognition and detection range
- They are cheap and affordable and provide a decent user experience with night vision.
- This generation is best suited for some considerably serious tasks including hunting, the study of nocturnal animals and other more serious observations.
- Detection range and recognition are better and longer than that of Generation 1’s
- They are medium priced and have more than okay image clarity.
- This is the best choice for hunters who take it seriously and who do so over long distances
- Also ideal for security professionals who carry out their security duties at night
- Provides the best image clarity of the three-generation types
Truth be told, magnification and night vision do not really blend in well together. In most cases, night vision binoculars magnification is lower than that of daytime binoculars.
Generally, when you go past the 6X magnification, you will start to notice some flaws in the image clarity when using night vision binoculars. As such, even when a unit comes with greater magnification, it is advisable to stay well under 6X. A golden rule of thumb is to use the 4X magnification.
Size and weight
Night vision binoculars are already large courtesy of the night vision tech the binoculars have to be fitted with. As the magnification ability increases, you will also notice a significant increase in the binoculars size as well. This is necessary in order to present a clear image. Also, the higher the binoculars generation, the smaller the expected sizes. Why is this? Well, the tech used in the binoculars as you move up the generations is more powerful and smaller hardware is needed which translates to smaller binocular bodies with greater magnification abilities.
While the night vision is not heavy in itself, when compared to daylight binoculars, then you start to notice the weight. A unit with a 5X magnification ability (night vision binoculars) generally weighs about 30 ounces.
When choosing a unit, test out the lighter and smaller binocular versions as they just might be dim or blurry. In addition to this, bear in mind the length of time you will be using the unit. A light unit is best if you will be holding the gadget for prolonged periods.
The ability to attach the binoculars to an IR illuminator is a plus. Given the general size of binoculars, carrying one by and still using an illuminator may be difficult. Being able to attach one to the unit will be useful and convenient for you.
Night vision technology is fragile to be quite honest. As such, a unit with a water/weather resistant exterior design will serve you best. Having an automatic brightness control is also preferred since it will make your observation comfortable. As the light levels fluctuate in your environment, this feature will come in quite handy.
Tips On Buying Binoculars With Night Vision
With the consideration factors out of the way, let’s have a look at some tips that will ensure you have a great buying experience.
Check for other purposes and use
Many night vision binoculars buyer make the mistake of getting binoculars that can serve one specific purpose. You, however, should avoid this pitfall and get one that will be utilized for a range of purposes with great efficiency as well.
Check the price tag
You will always come across some cheap alternatives. The increased supply has caused the prices to be varied. However, while you can choose to get a cheap unit, remember that you will always get what you pay for. That said, we cannot negate the fact that there are indeed some cheap units with low light sensors that provide great image quality.
Exercise caution when dealing with second-hand units
Getting used binoculars may sound like a bargain. However, you should have it in the back of your mind that the lifetime of the binoculars is not infinite. They have a lifespan. The image intensifying tubes with time deteriorate and reduce the quality of output it provides. Think of the whole thing like a light bulb. Assuming they cost the same, though with the same depreciation, would you get a second-hand light bulb?
Know what you are buying
Before you get your binoculars, read up on the pros and cons of the units. If you can, read up user reviews to get an idea of just how well these units served their owners.
Still, on this point, you should be careful not to accidentally purchase the regular binoculars. It might sound obvious but many customers have made this mistake before. There are some units that are branded with statements like ‘visibility in low light’. Do not mistake such kind of branding for night vision. Night vision binoculars and normal binoculars look the same to be very keen, especially when purchasing online.
Purchase from a trustworthy seller
So as to be confident with the quality of unit you will purchase, you should do some research on the seller as well. Ensure that they have a history of selling high-quality units and at the best price too. To be safe, you could prefer sites like Amazon that have been licensed and that have securities in place to protect your transaction.
Taking Care Of Night Vision Binoculars
After making such a considerable investment of your hard earned money, the last thing you would want if for the unit to get damaged only after a few weeks of usage. To ensure this is never your story, you have to take great care of your unit.
The very first thing that you should work hard to remember is that exposure to bright light damages the components of night vision binoculars. As such, you should strive to keep the device away from light.
Also, while these tech gadgets are designed to be used at night when it is damp and humidity levels are high, in the fog and rain. However, note that extended exposure to rain and high humidity can damage the device.
To clean the lenses, you should do it in the same manner you would the lens of a camera. Since it can easily be scratched, use non-abrasive material to wipe the lenses down.
Generally, for safe keeping, store the unit in a cool and dry place.
With this guide, you are more than equipped to make an informed decision on purchasing the best night vision binoculars. Enjoy seeing the world in a green hue – it is a great and rewarding experience.