If you are going on a trip to the safari or have a stargazing day planned and are looking for binoculars, then you may have realized that a lot of them cost a fortune. Although there isn’t a disadvantage to getting them except for spending a lot more than what you want to spend, you don’t have to spend this much to get the experience you are looking for.
For a friendly get-together and for a day at the safari, an enthusiast’s binocular isn’t required and having a budget of under 100 dollars isn’t bad at all. You can still get a decent pair of binoculars with the right features for your trip without having to spend a lot of money, just look in our list of best binoculars under $100.
However, there are a few restrictions that you must set to be able to afford a pair of binoculars that fit under your budget, such as the magnification, quality, and lifetime value. Unless you are okay with spending over 100 dollars, you will have to stay around the x8 to x12 range of magnification and the quality you will be getting won’t be too great either.
However, this magnification is still great for casual star gazing or a day at the safari and if you are careful, the quality won’t make too much of a difference either. When choosing your binoculars, make sure that you look at a few factors such as the features, quality, and price, so that you know what you are getting before you purchase it.
If you want to save money, then buy a pair of binoculars that is geared towards all activities, so that you can avoid purchasing binoculars that are built towards one activity and having to buy another to make it suitable for a different activity.
Our Top Picks
Binoculars under $100 Reviews
Nikon 8245 ACULON A211 8×42 Binocular
If you want a clear, quality product, that is one of the best binoculars under 100 dollars, then this product should be something that you should keep an eye on. Just like all the other Nikon products, this one will give you a great view that is clear and sharp, so that you don’t miss anything while using these binoculars.
A feature that is found on this binocular that we liked was the rubber eyecups, as it will make your experience a lot better. Usually, when using binoculars, your hands will get tired first and then your eyes will get tired. This is because you’re placing a lot of strain on your eyes while putting your binoculars up to your eyes and this eyecup will fix this problem. Another feature that we liked was the multi-coated lenses, as, without it, you won’t get the bright and clear image that you can obtain with these binoculars, even in low-lighting environments.
The quality of this product is quite good for the price you are paying for it. However, if you aren’t careful with it and you drop it often, then it won’t last as long as you might want it to last. By taking good care of your binoculars and preventing scratches from going on the lens, you will be able to get a plethora of value from this binocular. This product also comes with rubber armor, which will help absorb shocks from drops and give you a better grip on the binoculars. This isn’t quality that you see in every budget binocular, so we recommend this one if you are having a hard time choosing.
The price of this product is under the 100-dollar cap, but if you want a bit more features and quality, then we recommend that you raise your budget a bit higher. This is especially the case for the magnification because, at this price point, you won’t be able to see far, much like this product. However, if you are on a budget, then this one is a good one to start off with as it will last a long time and has quite good quality compared to similar products in the price range that this product is in.
The magnification of this product is x8 with the optics size being 42mm. This is quite small, although the diameter is on the bigger side. If you want to see farther, then this product may not be for you, but if you are looking for a binocular that will work great even in the dark, then this one should be one to keep your eyes on. The larger lens diameter will help more light go into your binocular which will let you see a lot better in the dark. Overall, this product is highly recommended if you are on a tight budget, but you still want the quality and features of a higher-tier binocular.
- ACULON A211 8x42 binoculars are designed to be as light as possible along with excellent ergonomics
- Turn-and-Slide Rubber Eyecups allow for comfortable viewing during extended periods of use
- Made with Aspherical Multicoated Eco-Glass Lenses bright and clear images in most lighting conditions
- The smooth central focus knob makes these binoculars simple to operate and easy to focus
- A durable rubber-armored coating ensures a non-slip grip, even in wet conditions
Bushnell Legacy WP Porro Prism Binocular
This product costs a bit more than the other binoculars in this list, but this is expected as you get better clarity and features with this product than any other in this price range. With this product, not only do you get better quality, but you also get a wider range of features such as a full prism system as well as eye relief eyecups. This binocular is also quite stylish as well, another reason why it may be a bit more expensive than other products.
The feature that we loved most about this product is the Porro prism system because it will provide you with a clear view, wherever you are, even if you are in a dimly lit location. This Porro prism system includes multi-coated optics and BaK-4 prisms which all aid in directing more light into your binoculars which will let you see whatever you are seeing from the whole color spectrum and not just a blur that is often seen in low-quality binoculars in the dark. This binocular also has quite a wide range which will make it easier to find certain stars while stargazing and will also help you track the bird you are watching while bird watching.
The quality of this product is one of the best inexpensive binoculars that you can get under the 100-dollar range, as this product comes with rugged, rubber armor that will help keep your binoculars lasting a longer period and a beautiful design that will make you feel proud of using these binoculars. The design that comes with this binocular will make you feel like you are using a binocular that costs a lot more, so if you want to get an expensive binocular, but can’t due to budget limitations, then we recommend that you get these binoculars.
The price of this product is a bit higher than the other best budget binoculars in this list, but the quality and features that this product comes with is one of the best. The clarity that you get with this product is equivalent to the clarity that you get with higher-end products which is why we recommend this product if you don’t know which binocular to purchase. As this product will require a hard beating to break, you will be able to use these binoculars for a long time, making the price you pay for this product only a small investment, as you’ll get a lot more value than what you pay for.
The magnification of this binocular is x8 with the size of the optics being 42mm. This magnification is just enough to give you a good, close-up view of the object you are watching, but if you need to be closer, you’ll need to spend a bit more to get better magnification. However, higher magnification might not always be better because you’ll have to deal with higher sensitivity and a tighter view. Overall, this product is great if you want a high definition view, quality design, and wide FOV at a price that is under 100 dollars. Definitely one of the best binoculars under $100.
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100% quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Wide-angle 10x magnification, 50-millimeter objective binoculars
- Porro prism system with fully multi-coated optics and BaK-4 prisms
Although a bit more affordable compared to the Bushnell binoculars that we reviewed above, this product can manage to reach higher magnification alongside having a bigger diameter in terms of lens size. This product may not have the best durability or the best quality in the world, but it is still a decent pair of binoculars at a decent price point. Some features that this product comes with include: a focus knob which is easy to use, UV protection, and a wide-angle view.
The focus knob is a feature that we liked about this product because, with other binoculars, the focusing part is always one of the hardest parts. However, with this product, focusing is a lot easier mainly because of the larger knob and because the knob is designed to focus your view as quickly as possible. The UV protection is also a useful feature because if you are planning to use your binoculars in locations where there are a lot of sunlight, then this will affect your viewing experience. With the help of UV protection, this won’t be an issue as the sunlight will be blocked out and no sunbeams will go into your eyes. Lastly, the wide-angle view is another feature that we loved about this product because it will give you an easier time finding your target since you’ll have a wider view.
The quality of this product isn’t one of the best, but if you take care of your binoculars correctly, you should be able to use this binocular for a long time. As this binocular comes with regular safety precautions such as rubber armor coating, a few drops won’t do too much damage, but with a major dent or a scratch on the lens, your binoculars won’t give you the experience that you may be looking for due to the damage. If you are looking for better quality, then you will have to increase your budget to do so, but if you know you can take care of your binoculars, then this binocular is one that we recommend since it isn’t expensive.
The price of this binocular is a lot more affordable compared to other products with this magnification. This binocular is one of the only products in this price range that offers high magnification, so if you want to have higher magnification while staying in this price range, we recommend this product. However, if you want better value for the money you spend, you should look at the other products in this list because this binocular won’t last a long time if you don’t take good care of it due to the lack in quality.
The magnification of this binocular is the heart of this product because the other things that come with this binocular lack in certain aspects. The magnification of this product is x10 with the diameter of the optics being 50mm. If you want more clarity while using the binoculars and if you want higher magnification, then this binocular is recommended as it will be difficult for you to find other products in this price range with this magnification.
- Prism Type BK-7 Porro/Field of View at 1,000 yds 429 ft (130.8 m)
- Close Focus Distance 13.1 ft (4.0 m)
- Eye Relief 0.5" (12 mm)/Relative Brightness 25
- Weight 25.0 oz (710 g)
- Dimensions: L x W x H 5.5" x 7.2" x 2.3" (139 mm x 182 mm x 58 mm)
Other Best Selling Options
- 【Powerful 12x42 Binoculars, but Lightweight Enough】 Weight only 1.1 pounds (0.6 Pounds lighter than 10x50 full size binoculars). Equipped with 12x powerful magnification, 42mm large objective lens and 367ft/1000yds large field of view. Capable of delivering a clear face from more than 650 feet away.
- 【18mm Large Eyepiece Binoculars, Larger Image, Clearer Details】2.25 times the image size of 12mm eyepiece binoculars (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 compact binoculars). Large eyepiece makes full use of 12x magnification, deliver larger image, ensure clearer details
- 【HD Vison with Quality Optics】 Large 16.5mm BAK4 Prism and Fully Multi-coated lens guarantee the key elements of an HD vision, brighter view and crisp images. Perfect for birds watching, hunting, Concerts and Sports.
- 【Clear Weak Light Vision】 Adorrgon Binoculars can deliver clear vision in weak light condition, but not in not completely darkness. Perfect for Hunting or Concerts at night. Comes with Carrying Case*1, Eyepiece *1 Lens Protection Covers*1, Cleaning Cloth *1 and Neck Strap*1.
- 【Lightweight, Durable and Anti-slip Grip】 Binoculars with only 1.1 pounds, perfect for traveling or hunting. Durable structure with odorless rubber armor for shock-resistance and Anti-slip grip.
- [ Professional Powerful Binoculars ] Designed with 10X power magnification, 50mm large objective lens and 367ft/1000yds large field of view good for fast moving subject, are ideal for bird watching, hunting, driving, sports events.
- [ Weak Light Vision with Quality Optics ] Design of Aspherical lenses and multi-layer coating guarantee excellent light transmission and well improve image brightness, contrast and quality. It can be used at night, but not in complete darkness. Suitable for concerts, opera, sightseeing and astronomical viewing.
- [ Durable, Solid and Anti-slip Grip ] Durable structure with odorless rubber armor for shock-resistance and Anti-slip grip, making it not only in decent appearance of more wear-resistant and moisture-proof, but also perfect for outdoor activities such as climbing, hiking, travelling, watching wildlife and scenery.
- [ Easy to Focus ] Corrective optical coating are good for color fidelity and minimize distortion. Diopter System adjusting the imbalance vision of both eyes. The smooth and large center focus knob makes it simple to operate and easy to focus. ( Adaptable to tripod )
- [ Adjustable Eye Cups ] The rubber covered eyepiece can be twisted up and down for different people adjusting a proper eye relief. The eyeglass wearers can adjust the eye relief through rising eye cups and feel more comfortable.
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, letting you look farther and see wider. Coating with FMC Broadband coating and premium BAK4 prism, it ensure imaging verisimilar.
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT EYEGLASS WEARERS OR NOT】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer, getting close to lens and see easily. The long eye relief combined with large eyepiece give you a comfortable viewing while wearing sunglasses or eye glasses. For those who do not wear glasses, will gain more focused slight and feel more easeful through rising eye cups. The compact binoculars has 15mm large eyepieces, can see more clear image than other binoculars.
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight cruise binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective lens use optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, and the eyepiece-optical is made of blue FMC coating. All design can can mostly reflect the light to keep a good image and make you have a amazing experience.
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the birding binoculars for opera,bird watching camping, traveling,wildlife watching,football games,cruise or other outside activity, the low light night vision goggles(Not for completely dark night) is more convenient for using and carrying.
- 【DURABLE AND LIFE WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it also come with a cruise binocular strap, you can use this item in different situations. And nonslip rubber armor is made for secure grip, shockproof, light water resistant.The pocket size binoculars is not only suitable for men and women,but also suitable for kids.It is wonderful to be a gift on Father's Day and Children's Day.
- 【18mm Large Eyepiece Binoculars, Larger Image, Clearer Details】2.25 times the image size of 12mm eyepiece (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 binoculars), 1.28 times of 16mm eyepiece (e.g. Ordinary 10x42, 12x42 binoculars). Large eyepiece binoculars make full use of 12x magnification, deliver larger image, ensure clearer details
- 【16.5mm Big BAK4 Prism Lens Binoculars, Super Bright, Crisp View】Collect 32% more light than 12.5mm prism lens (e.g. 10x25, 12x25, 10x21 binoculars), 13.7% of 14.5mm prism lens (e.g. Ordinary 10x42, 12x42 binoculars). 16.5mm Prism lens take 100% advantage of 42mm objective lens, collect more lights, deliver brighter view
- 【Powerful 12x42 Binoculars for Adults with only 1.25lbs.】With only 560g weight, Adasion 12x42mm binoculars deliver 367ft/1000yds large field of view. Perfect binoculars for bird watching, hunting, sports events. Binoculars with adjustable eye cups, suitable for glasses wearers.
- 【Binoculars with New Phone Adapter, Enjoy Photographing】Quick alignment, compatible with phone case, portable and stable. Suitable for iPhone X, 8P, 8, 7P, 7, 6, 6s, 6P, 5, 5s, Samsung GALAXY S8, S7, S6, S6 Edge, S5, Note, Huawei, LG, HTC, Sony, Etc.
- 【Quality Binoculars, Order without Risk】With 100% thorough Quality Control, Adasion provides High Quality Binoculars. Contact us if you encounter any issues, we will solve it in 24 hours.
- Perfect compact lightweight binoculars for bird watching. Can be Used for both day and night (low-light-level night vision, can't see anything in complete darkness)
- Large field of view. Focusing in on your target for brilliant detail at 1000 yards out.
- Fully multi-coated lenses, waterproof, hyper-durable anti-slip grip gives you everything you want. Light-weight and can be folded, very convenient and easy to carry
- 10x magnification with 25 mm objective lens allows you to see objects 10x’s closer with clarity that strikes envy into the heart of your bird watching friends
- Suitable for both adults and kids, fit for hunting, hiking, exploring, viewing, sailing, bird watching, concert, outdoor sports etc.
Cheap Binoculars Buyer’s Guide
The features of your binoculars are an important factor to look at when choosing your binoculars, as it could mean the difference between having a clear view of the night sky and having a blurry view.
Some features are geared more towards a certain activity such as being waterproof for whale watching and UV-protection for stadiums and the safari, so know the activity you will be participating in and choose accordingly.
Some products may come with features that you may not particularly need, such as image stabilization, that will increase the price drastically, so if you don’t need a feature, avoid it to save some money.
The quality of your binoculars will change the value and lifetime duration of your product. The higher the quality, the better value it will have over the years and the longer it will live to go on more trips.
Usually, products with higher quality will be a lot more expensive and have better features with the budget products having lower quality and breaking a lot easier. A good indication to know whether the quality is good is to see if it includes features that give you an easier time using the product such as eyecups, as quality products tend to come with features that makes the user experience a lot better.
As with all other products, the more you pay, the better features and quality you will get. However, it is recommended that you look for products that have better value rather than look at the price alone, as binoculars are something that should last a long time.
If the binoculars are expensive, but won’t last a long time, then skip it and go for a product that is of quality that can last a longer time as it will be of better value for you.
The price of all products in this guide are under 100 dollars, which is in the budget to average range, so don’t expect too much quality, but they are still worth the value if you can get them and keep them in good condition.
As the products in this guide aren’t premium, they don’t have astounding magnification, but just the right amount to keep everyone satisfied. Most of the products in this guide have around x8 magnification which is fine for star gazing, bird watching, whale watching, safari, and many other binocular-related activities.
However, if you want to observe a lot closer, then we recommend that you make your maximum budget a bit higher for you to be able to afford more magnification or give up some features and quality to get binoculars with higher magnification in this price range.
Whether you are going on a safari trip or a bird watching trip, you’ll need a quality pair of binoculars with you. However, it may be hard to find a pair of binoculars that will fit your budget, as most are designed for enthusiasts who are more than willing to spend quite a bit for a quality pair that will aid them in their activity.
For those on a budget, we have reviewed some products above that are recommended to those on a tight budget, so we recommend that you choose one of the products we recommended above to take on your next trip, as we know you’ll love them.
They are binoculars that we chose out of the many available, and they also proved to be well worth the price that you pay for them, so if you want value, quality, and usable magnification with your binoculars, then choose one of the three above and you’ll have a better time at whatever activity you will be participating in.