|1. BUSHNELL TEAM PRIMES THE TRUTH LASER RANGEFINDER||2. NIKON 8397 ACULON LASER RANGEFINDER||3. HALO XRT6 LASER RANGEFINDER|
When you ask you yourself do you really need a rangefinder, the answer should be yes! If you already do not have one in the electronics department of your closet, it is time you get one and check out rangefinders for sale. If you are on a budget or you’re looking for the best rangefinder for the money or just cheap rangefinders in general, you can always purchase a cheap rangefinder on the market. Do not let the word “cheap” confuse you by making you think that it’s low quality. You can get the best value rangefinder for your specific purpose. For example, you want one for hunting, you can get the best cheap rangefinder under 200 dollars for that occasion. Make sure to check out the comparison table of my cheapest rangefinder.
You may now be thinking that, why should you use rangefinder devices whenever you go for hunting, golfing, photography, etc.? The answer to this question lies in the advantages offered by rangefinder devices to its users. Otherwise, you would choose Single Lens Reflex (SLR) cameras, which are equally popular among people as the rangefinder devices.
So, before reviewing the top 8 rangefinders falling under 200 dollars, we shall compare rangefinders and SLR cameras, and shall also discuss the advantages offered by rangefinders, which makes it better for use in the above-mentioned applications than any SLR camera.
Rangefinders Vs SLR Cameras
In case of an SLR camera, it enables the users to view the objects through an optical mechanism comprising of the lens, and working on the principle of WYSIWYG, i.e. “What You See Is What You Get”. Any SLR camera consists of a mirror cabinet as part of its inner optics, as a consequence of which the users are able to see images with certain levels of magnification.
Other consequences of mirror cabinet within the SLR camera includes splitting of the light beam entering camera into multiple beams, scattered at different angles. Because of this, SLR cameras achieve the functionality of auto-focus on the objects depending upon their distance (i.e. range) from the camera/user.
On the other hand, in case of rangefinder camera/devices, the camera functions on the basis rangefinder mechanism. One of the major components of the device, the rangefinder sensor, is crucial for the efficient performance of the rangefinder mechanism and hence, the rangefinder device in total.
So, to understand the functioning of rangefinder mechanism, the rangefinder sensor measures the distance of the primary object, for which the range has to be calculated. Now, in order to achieve accuracy in range calculation, the device forms two different images of the primary object.
The exact range is achieved by calibrating the focus through moving the dial and coinciding them with each other. This technique of rotating the dial was used in case of analog rangefinder devices. Nowadays, digital/ laser rangefinders have an inbuilt mechanism for calculating the range.
Because of the elimination of any type of complex optics, as in the case of SLR cameras, rangefinder camera/ devices are more preferred for use in different applications rather than SLR cameras.
Now that we have understood the mechanism behind rangefinder camera/ devices, we shall now review some of the top rated cheapest rangefinders available on the internet. This will give you a lot of options to choose amongst while purchasing your rangefinder device!
Top 8 Best Cheap Rangefinders 2018
If you are looking for the best cheap rangefinder under 200 dollars, then this is the right one for you. Usually, very cheap products can cause trouble and may not work properly but this is not the case here. You won’t see much of a rangefinder sale online. You can get precise distance measurements because it has the processor that is able to provide the appropriate readings. As hunting season is approaching, you definitely need this cheap range finder for bow hunting.
Features that have really helped:
- It is completely waterproof and rainproof. You can never tell when it is going to rain and you cannot afford to damage your range finder by getting it wet. Some devices are water resistant and get damaged in the rain or water. This gadget is not something like that it will work even in the rain.
- It is easy to carry, it only weighs 6 ounces. It is lighter than a cup! The easy grip makes it even easier to carry it and you have the neck strap. The neck strap will allow you to ensure the safety of this little device.
- It is perfect for you if you are into sports as you can take it on many occasions like studying and researching about nature, fishing, hunting, Bird watching and other activities that require range. In case, you do not go out much into the wild but you are still into sports, it will be your best friend in the game shows and stadiums.
If you are looking for the best rangefinder for the money, then go for this one because it is considered a cheap laser range finder compared to the majority of the others. This will surely help you while hunting, great cheap hunting rangefinder. Take it on your next hunt and see what it is like. The manufacturers have put in a lot of effort to make it flawless. It has the ability to magnify four times so that you get the optimum and clean view even from a distance as far as 181.9656 meters!
As soon as you open the box, you will find the neck strap, case, microfiber cloth (to keep it clean), batteries and the device itself. We all know about Nikon’s popularity and fame and the great lens they use for their products. This is one of the best value rangefinders out today and it’s a top-notch brand. It doesn’t get any better than that. If you are looking for the best rangefinder under 200 dollars for targeting, then this is the one as it can give you an exact view of faraway things that are not even stable. In the list for great rangefinders for sale.
Features of this rangefinder:
- User-friendly design makes it so easy to use that you cannot imagine. Nikon products are always ready to assemble as soon as you open the package. One of the cheapest rangefinder.
- You can get high-quality views because it comes with the ability to magnify six times using the 20mm lens and has a long eye relief which is around 17mm. The engineers made sure that there is more than one layer and that provides light transmission through the spectrum and as there is no loss of light, you can get the proper view. The LCD display makes it much better.
- It is small and light. So if you are searching for a rangefinder for sale you might see this as an option. This can be easily carried. Since this is so portable, you can wear it using the neck strap or just keep it in your pocket This will put many at ease. Sometimes, it is hard to notice that you have this device in your pocket because of its weight and size.
As you can already guess, it is water resistant and rainproof so feel free to take it anywhere. You can use it for any purpose since it is so easy to carry. Since it is a product from Nikon, you can leave your worries behind and purchase it with a blindfold.
The Halo XRT6 Laser Rangefinder is a cheap hunting rangefinder that will help you make your hunting enjoyable and simple. All you have to do is get one of these from the rangefinder sale they have online and you are good to go. This can help you from a long distance and not just any distance, over 594 meters! It is perfect to use while you are in the woods because it will provide clear images with its ability to magnify six times.
- It is easy to use. There is nothing difficult about it and it just works with the light press of the buttons above the device. One of the cheapest rangefinder.
- It provides clarity up to a long distance as mentioned above and you can target properly. The display is clear compared to any other cheap rangefinder.
- It weighs slightly more than a cup which is 10.4 ounces and a cup being 8 ounces. It originates from China so you can guess that it comes with a high-quality mechanism at a low price.
In the woods, you never know where you are because you left the comfort of your home in order to seek adventure. You can be hiding in the bushes, hanging from a tree or on a boat in the river. It is light and easy to carry so no matter where you are, you can easily carry it and use it. It is water resistant so it is perfect cheap rangefinder for a boat ride. You can get few splashes of water on it but it will be good as new.
If you’re looking for golf rangefinder cheap. You can add this to the list of best rangefinder under 200 dollars for hunting because it provides you with the exact target. It is known for its accuracy which it has over other cheap hunting rangefinders out there in the market.
- It is light and easy to carry, weighing slightly more than a cup.
- It originates from China and the manufactures packed it with high-quality materials.
- It does not come with a strap but you can attach one because it has the hole for it. You can buy straps online at a low price. One of the cheapest rangefinder.
If you are on a budget make this your number one choice when it is about best value rangefinder. The response time is precise and quick and you can see far away distances without trouble. The ease of use and clarity are two main reasons for purchasing the product. Take a look at this item and also check out this link if you’re trying to find a cheap golf rangefinder. Considered one of the best rangefinders under $200.
If you are looking for the best value rangefinder or a cheap golf rangefinder that can show you more than 500 yards, then this is the one you should get if you’re trying to find a rangefinder cheap. It is overall simple to use and you have to zoom or focus utilizing the eyepiece. It is a cheap laser rangefinder that has nonstop scan mode.
- It is made in the United States and it is used for sports particularly golf.
- Comes with a warranty so you can change it whenever you have a problem.
- This is small and light-weighted compared to many other devices.
The focus works perfectly and it is inexpensive compared to many other devices used for golf. A cheap golf rangefinder that can give you good outputs. It only requires a single battery and you can use that battery for a long time. Take a look at this item and also check out this link if you’re trying to find a golf rangefinder cheap. Don’t overlook any of these cheap rangefinders.
If you need a cheap hunting rangefinder that comes with a premium nylon, water resistance abilities and six times magnification then this is the right thing you should pack while you are set to hunt. Not only for your hunting trip, if you are going for golf make sure you are not leaving it at home. This is also a cheap golf rangefinder you can pick up. You can tell from the name “wild game innovations” that it is not something you leave in your house. Make sure to add it to your list of rangefinders for sale.
- The distance is 600 yards and you can see clearly up to that distance. (reflective target)
- The color is black and red and its shape and size make it look excellent. It comes with a beautiful bag as well.
- It is made in China but you can purchase it from anywhere online.
You can use it for bow hunting and you will not be disappointed as it will give you full accurate results. The extreme accuracy is amazing and the distance is a lot more than many other devices. You can use it for many years and save money by not buying rangefinders over and over again and get a rangefinder cheap. If you have never seen a Wild Game Innovations Halo X-Ray Z6X 600 Laser Range Finder ever in your life, you will still have no difficulty in using them and you can always read the user manual that comes with it. Don’t overlook this cheap rangefinder.
Black font system
The black font on the LCD is sometimes difficult to read particularly when you are outside in the sun. In many cases, it is nearly impossible to read out what is written on that LCD screen because of the color of the font. The screen could be designed in such a way that it does not get affected by sunlight, then it would have been easy to read with the black color font. In all though a decent rangefinder for its cost. A top cheap rangefinder.
If you are on the search for a rangefinder cheap or a cheap golf rangefinder at a low price than reach out for this. Similar to the other Simmons above. It has the ability to magnify four times, LCD display that gives the precise distance up to 600 yards and efficient design. You can get it from any rangefinder for sale you find on Amazon where the price is low. Therefore, this is not the best cheap rangefinder under 200 dollars but under 100 dollars!
- It has the ability of four times magnification for clear view and spot-on targeting.
- It can go a very long distance as mentioned earlier with a high accuracy of plus and minus one yard (±1 yard)
- Its battery is 9V and the batteries do not come in the case, it weighs slightly more than 9 ounces and you can carry it in the case it comes with.
You can use it on the mountains, hills, woods, lakes, basically, anywhere you like. If you are into sports, you can buy it because it is great if you’re trying to find a good golf rangefinder cheap and durable. You can become a pro quick even if you are a beginner at comprehending the exposure. It is better than many other devices because of its quality and price. It has many external features like easy single button application, bright translucent optics, and vertical compact design.
It does not come with a battery so you have to purchase a 9-volt one and you get the case only. It is not waterproof so be careful while you take it on out on a rainy day or on a boat trip. There are other cheap golf rangefinders out there built for that. It is simply weather-resistant so in case it starts raining all of a sudden, you get a little time to put it in your carrying case. Check this out if you’re looking for a golf rangefinder cheap.
Laser Range Finder For Hunting with Speed, Scan, and Normal measurements
Have you been disappointed with cheap hunting rangefinder you bought previously? Well, this will get the job done. It is a product of superior quality that has a talented technology made for hunting. It can scan, provide crystal-clear images and provide constant measurements for fast work.
- It is light and mobile. There is no additional weight. They are designed to make it easy during hunting.
- It comes with case, battery, straps, microfiber cloth, user manual and you will be able to set it up as soon as you get it. You do not have to spend money on batteries or any other additional things like a strap.
- It is accurate and precise because it can give results with an accuracy of plus or minus one yard. It is convenient for rapid measurements.
It can scan faster than many other cheap rangefinders and this quality is popular among golf players and hunters. I consider this in the running for top cheap hunting rangefinder. The minimum is 5 yards and it can reach up to 500 yards. It is water and dust resistant. You can learn to use it quickly and in case you face any issues, go over the pages of the manual. These cheap rangefinders still have manuals. The best thing is it will shut down by itself if you are not using it for around a minute or so. Some people forget to turn off their rangefinder and later the device dies. The TecTecTec Pro will last a long time and be taking good care of it will help increase its lifespan even more. The manufactures TecTecTec are always trying to improve their devices so that you can get rangefinders for sale within your budget.
You will get a year warranty so if anything happens you can always contact the store you bought it from. The manufacturers create new a new cheap laser range finder every day suited for many different purposes like golf, hunting, and whatnot. So I would consider this a cheap golf rangefinder option as well.
Merits and Demerits Rangefinders
Before concluding our discussion regarding rangefinder devices, we will now discuss the plausible merits and demerits of using any rangefinder device in general. One of the merits of using Rangefinders is the achievement of high image quality of the objects.
Unlike the SLR cameras, the rangefinder devices do not comprise of any sort of flipping mirror mechanism in order to achieve the range accurately. Due to this reason, blurring effects due to errors in movement of hands and any type of vibrations are reduced.
The lenses can be placed in a manner such that the rear end of the lens need not touch the surface of the mirror, and that too at a large distance from the image forming surface/plane.
In case of wide angle lenses, the lenses are positioned within the rangefinders such that its rear end is closer to the image forming surface. This leads to the formation of a small, sharp and distortion less image. Another advantage of using a rangefinder is the light weight of the rangefinder device/ camera, it can be carried around easily, and to hold them in still position easily. This is something which isn’t possible in case of SLR cameras, as they are relatively heavy to carry. Hence, rangefinders have a far better focusing mechanism than SLR cameras for both wide angle and normal lenses.
The biggest demerit of using a rangefinder device is that the rangefinders use longer lenses, or the rangefinder is used for macro purposes, it is difficult to understand and figure out the point for which the range is being calculated by the device/ camera. Users are able to do so in case of calculating normal or closer distances, but face problems for long distances. This problem arises because the viewfinder device is separate from the rest of the rangefinder device, because of which some level of error in accuracy is bound to occur.
Also, if the width of the lens is more than 24 mm, then depending upon whether the rangefinder is analog or digital/laser, the users may be required to attach a separate extra-wide viewfinder accessory along with the main viewfinder. In this way, the focus is set and exposure is achieved through the main viewfinder, while the image composition is obtained through the separately attached, wider viewfinder device. Hence, this turns out to be the biggest demerit in rangefinders. However, this demerit has been resolved through digital/laser rangefinders, which have minimal levels of accuracy errors than their analog counterpart.
Overall, all of these Cheap rangefinders are great. You’re here looking for the best rangefinder for the money you can find. It is up to you to decide on your budget, and the features you desire most. From there, you can decide which of these 8 rangefinders are right for you, and for your needs. Thanks for checking out my Cheap rangefinder reviews. I’ll make sure to update this post if I come across a rangefinder sale or a rangefinder for sale.About the Author Hi! I'm Josh! I have twelve years of knowledge on binoculars with a wide spectrum of usage of different brands and types of binos. Birding and football enthusiast. Read more about me here!