Every golf player or hunter knows that having the correct estimation of distance draws the line between the winners and losers. That is why getting the best rangefinder under $200 is a big deal. With so many manufacturers and models in the market, it can be a bit hard to know which one will serve your needs well. It is without a doubt that they vary in features and functionality which has a great effect in determining how good it is.
We have done the big work for you and narrowed down your options. This will reduce the amount of time you spend trying to get a good rangefinder when you should be out there looking for the thrill. When going out to buy a rangefinder, there are several factors that you should consider.
We put that into account when creating this buying guide for you to ensure that you get the most value at an affordable price.
Our Top Picks
Rangefinders Below $200 Reviews
Nikon 8397 ACULON – Easy to Use
Nikon is a well-known camera company and so you can be sure that the lens you will get with this rangefinder is of high quality. It also has multilayer coatings on the screen which enhances light transmission. Its measurement range is 6-550 yards which are reliable enough. Though you can get other rangefinders with a better range, this one gets the work done. Its buttons are far apart making it more easy to use even when you have gloves on.
It doesn’t have any complicated features making it very easy to use for beginners and its small and compact design makes it very easy to carry around. Its best feature is the ability to target the farthest object when pointed at a variety of targets. Its feel gives you a grip even when your hand is sweaty or the conditions are wet. So you don’t have to worry about damage.
- Water resistant design
- Clearly indicates battery life
- High accuracy level
- Very Affordable
- Clear display
- Has 6 times magnification
- Powers down when not in use to preserve battery life
- Comes with clear instructions
- Doesn’t have advanced features like slope and distance compensation
- Uses CR2 lithium batteries which are expensive and hard to find
- Has no brightness control
Nikon Aculon might not have the most advanced features but it is reliable and gets the work done. It is perfect for newbies due to its simplicity of use and is still reliable enough to meet anyone’s needs. If you are looking for the cheapest, but best rangefinder under $200 dollars, then this could work for you. The brand is well known and the streamline gives you comfort.
- At 3.6"x2.9"x1.5" in size, the ACULON Rangefinder is Nikon's most compact laser rangefinder, making it easy to take along wherever you go
- Class 1 laser product, power output not exceeding .0975 milliwats
- Measurement Range 6-550 yds.Use:Gun hunting,bow hunting,target shooting
- An uncluttered, easy-to-read screen displays ranges in 1-meter/yard intervals;Eye Relief :18 mm
Bushnell 202208 Bone Collector – Most Convenient
With a 4x magnification which expands your field of vision and a maximum range of up to 600 yards, Bushnell Bone Collector does a good job. If you have a few more dollars to spare, you can choose this one for its one-yard accuracy, its simple one-button operation, and the perfect rugged packaging that makes it resistant to weather conditions. It is also loved by many which make it worth a try.
It also comes in a vertical style which makes it suitable for one hand use and the compact and lightweight design allows you to even carry it in your pocket. Unlike Nikon 8397 whose battery is hard to find, for budget reasons, this one uses a 9V battery which can be reused and is easy to find.
- Measures in meters and yards
- LCD allows for easy readings
- Very accurate
- Has low light superior imaging
- Reusable battery
- It doesn’t measure angles
- Its battery can be difficult to change in the field
- You have to turn it off to change the distance measurement
If you are looking for a rangefinder that will give you value for your money in terms of efficiency and durability, then this is your best choice. At such an affordable price, you get the work done in a reliable manner and features that go beyond its price limit. But if you want something that can handle more distance, then read on; there are better options.
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity; 100 percent quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautifully designed with durability built to last; Simple single button operation in a compact, lightweight housing
- Displays exact distance to target from 10 to 600 yard with +/- one yard accuracy
- Bright, crystal-clear optics for targeting in low light; Magnification x Objective Lens: 4x 21mm
- Realtree Xtra camo pattern; rugged, rainproof housing
Bushnell Trophy Xtreme – The Distance ProBushnell never disappoints in terms of quality, functionality, and durability; which is why this is a smart buy for anybody looking for some more distance. It covers up to 800 yards with +/- 1-yard accuracy which means that you will not have to worry about missing your target. It comes with a 1 button operation which makes it easy to use and a lightweight design for portability reasons.
Just like other Bushnells, its design makes it easy to use and handle and the best part is the fact that its difficult target functionality is improved. This makes it a better choice compared to the rangefinders reviewed above.
- 800 yards range
- One button operation
- Good image quality
- Comes with a case, and a lanyard
- LCD is difficult to read in low light conditions
This rangefinder covers some distance and is pro when it comes to ease of use; thanks to the one button design and the user manuals that come with it. It also covers some more distance within the budget. So if you are looking for some more functionality in terms of distance coverage and ease of use packed in one, then this is a smart buy for you.
- Lightning fast measurements from 7 to 850 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy in a durable Rainproof housing
- Arc bow mode provides true horizontal distance from 7 to 199 yards and the 4x magnification lets you see great detail
- Full Spectrum targeting enables the acquisition of dark, non-reflective objects and rain guard HD helps keep the lens clear when conditions are nasty
- Battery life indicator and anti-slip sure-grip finish
- Carrying case, battery and wrist strap included
Leupold Rx-650 Laser – Most accurate and Affordable
If you want more power in terms of magnification, then this unit gives you just that. With 6 times magnification, you can be assured of clarity for up to 650 yards. It comes with a high contrast LCD that will give you sharper images and a fast focus eyepiece that makes your adjustments in the field quick and precise. This rangefinder might let you down when it comes to distance, but it comes packed with better and advanced features. It also features a scan mode function which makes it easy to target while moving.
If you hate being inconvenienced by a dying battery, then its CR2 lithium battery will give you convenience and accessibility. The fully multi-coated lens system goes ahead to give you clean and pristine images that are reliable. Sadly, you can only use this to hunt but not to play golf because it lacks angle compensation which is very important in golf.
- Fog proof and weatherproof
- Easy to use
- The rubber gives it a good grip
- It has line of sight distance to see a straight line
- No angle compensation
- Goes up to 650 yards only
From a company like Leupold that has been dealing with optics for a very long time, you can trust them when it comes to optical power. This is your smartest choice within budget in terms of accuracy given the level of magnification. All other features like ease of use, durability, portability, and clarity of images make it one the best rangefinders under $200. This is the best rangefinder in terms of affordability and the fact that it packs more features compared to the rest.
- Absolute waterproof and fog proof integrity, each is ready for a lifetime in the field, in all conditions.
- 6x magnification gives you plenty of power, while maintaining a wide field of view to track game on the move.
- Powered by the readily available CR2 lithium camera battery, the RX-Rangefinders with DNA feature a convenient battery power indicator.
- Includes fast-focus eyepiece with precision clicks for quick adjustments in the field.
- A fully multicoated lens system ensures a bright, pristine image.
Halo XRT7-7 – Most affordable
This 500 yard to reflective target comes with a 6 times magnification and a precision of +/-1 yard. What makes it stand out from the rest is its scan mode that enables constant ranging. It can be a bit hard to use because you have to use the eyepiece to focus and zoom (which can be challenging). It uses CR2 lithium battery which is long lasting and the battery icon will remind you when it’s time to change it. The only problem is that the battery is a rare find. However, that will not be a problem anytime soon thanks to its power saving function that allows it to power off after 20 seconds of not being used.
Its compact and lightweight design make it easy to carry around. In terms of durability, it will give you a good waterproof which makes it usable in all weather conditions. Its anti-fog coating means you can use even when it’s misty in the mornings. The rubber coat armor gives it some damage proof against falls and bumps. Its LCD display allows you to estimate the distance between your target and you very accurately.
- Very affordable
- Extended power saver mode
- Has one button operating system which makes it easy to use
- Measures in yards and meters
- Accurate and fast scanning
- Difficult reading in low light conditions
- Lacks angle calculation
- Batteries are hard to find
For a newbie who wants to use some more magnification at a cheaper price without compromising on other important qualities, then this is a smart choice. You could feel let down by its limited distance coverage but for the price, the accuracy and field of vision are perfect. The scan mode also makes for the days when you have to target moving objects. With this choice, you get more value for your money.
All the rangefinders listed above have the best customer reviews otherwise they wouldn’t make it to this list. For a budget of $200, you might not get the best combination of features in the industry but they get the work done especially for beginners.
- 450 Yard Laser Range Finder with 6X Magnification
- Angle Intelligence Technology makes it the perfect rangefinder for Bow Hunting | Scan mode allows you to range multiple targets at different yardages with only one click of the button
- 450 yard reflective range; Lightweight with adjustable eye piece for focus
- Accuracy: +/- 1 yard | Offers distance in both yards or meters
- Class IIIA laser, 5 mW or less | Powered by CR2 Battery (Included)
Other Best Selling Options
- 【Multi Function Hunting Rangefinder】 Laser range finder for hunting sports, archery, shooting, and golfing with distance measurer, continuous scan mode, golf pin flag-lock, slope correction, speed, and angle functions.
- 【High Accuracy Rangefinder 】Our rangefinder is a premium product with advanced pinseeker technology and accurately ranges from 5 to 650 yards and 150 yards to a flag lock. Provides fast measurement with +/- 1 yard and +/- 45°accuracy.
- 【 Durable Body and Ultra Clear LCD Display】Made of strong and durable materials so that you don’t need to worry about dropping it while camping or hunting. It is also built with an ultra clear LCD display, which can help you get an ultra clear image and accurate readings even in low light conditions.
- 【Compact and Easy to Use】 180g(≈6.35oz). lightweight design makes it compact and portable, perfect for hunting or shooting at targets. Long press "MODE" button for 2 seconds to switch “Meter” and “Yards”.
- 【What you get】1x Rangefinder, 1x Strap, 1x Cleaning Cloth, 1x English Manual, 1x Carry Bag, 1x Color Box, .60-Day Money Back Guarantee, 3 years Quality Warranty and friendly Customer Service. If any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us (alice(at)bijia-lowvision,com).
- Patented one step "Mode-switching" Between non-slope and slope compensation distance display
- Flagseeking and Pin-Validation technology: easily get the distance to the flagstick while ignoring subjects behind the green such as the Bush and trees. The “JOLT” function add further confirmation of the locked target
- Magnification: 6x, range: 5 to 800 yards (5 to 250 yards to golf flag), accuracy: +/- 1 yard
- Power source - CR2 3V battery (included), IPX4 waterproof design
- Conform to USGA, R&A Rules of golf, and USGA handicap guidelines When the slope compensate distance feature is disabled
- 2019 UPGRADED LASER RANGEFINDER; Our Go-Golf Rangefinder is a premium product used by the IDF and Mossad
- CERTIFIED FOR TOURNAMENTS: SIMPLE
- BUY NOW RISK FREE! We take great pride in the quality and efficiency of our golf laser rangefinder device and we are confident it will take your game to a pro level. This is why we are backing it with Go-Golf Full Refund Policy, making your experience absolutely RISK-FREE!
- CLEAR, CRISP YARDAGE FIGURES: Yardage figures are now provided on your digital interface display in the clearest way! EASY, RELIABLE defining of yard flags even in case of OVERLAPPING OBJECTS such as trees, reliable 6X MAGNIFICATION and FAST FLAG LOCKING feature that will enhance your golfing experience even in fog.
- FREE GIFT During the holidays! Now you get with your Go-Golf rangefinder a free COOLING TOWEL, Travel Case, Lithium CR2 Battery, Cleaning Cloth and Carrying Strap. We know you ‘ll need it and we are treating you to one!
- 【Excellent Golf Rangefinder with Slope Yardage】Built-in slope technology gives you an adjusted distance based on the hole’s incline/decline and helps you select the correct club for the shot. Power up your game! (6X Magnification, accuracy ±0.1yd, range 5-1000 yards, flag-lock up to 250+ yards).
- 【Tournament Legal Golf Range Finder Mode】M1 provides the actual distance measurement and support continuous scan. M2 used for daily training, and provides professional golfers with all the features they need, including actual distance, slope adjustment distance, target angle, pin/flag-lock and pulse vibration etc. Raythor laser range finder for professional golf, better fit and better play.
- 【Advanced Target Acquisition Technology & Continuous Scan Support】Our Raythor golf laser range finder uses the nearest target acquisition system that ensures you receive the accurate yardage to the flag or desired location; and not what’s behind the green or your target. Continuous Scan functionality allows golfers to acquire distances to multiple targets at once. Trust your range and master your game! Give you more confidence and reduce swing mistakes.
- 【Pin Sensor Technology & Rechargeable Battery】Provides fast measurement with 0.1 yard accuracy(industry leading), together with pin sensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas. Equipped with 900mah rechargeable lithium battery, a micro USB cable (included) could be charged from any regular charging port, including most electronics. More convenient and no need to replace the battery, saving your time and money.
- 【Great After-sales Service & Packing List】100% satisfaction and money back guarantee, just be happy to add this golf rangefinder to your sports. If you have any problems or unsatisfaction with our goods, you can contact us directly by email(24-hour service). Wish you a happy shopping! (What You Get: 1x Raythor Golf Rangefinder,1x USB Cable,1X Carrying Case, 1x Lanyard,1x Cleaning Cloth,1x User Manual,1x Warranty Card.)
- The Ranger 1800 rangefinder is easy to use and features a clean, illuminated display and highly intuitive menu. The Ranger 1800 is capable of ranging up to 1,800 yards.
- The primary HCD mode displays an angle compensated distance that is ideal for the majority of hunters and shooters. An advanced LOS mode provides you the option to calculate long distance, high angle shots with increased precision.
- A scan feature gives continuous range readings as you pan across a landscape or track a moving target. Three brightness settings allow the display to stay visible in various light conditions.
- Fully multi-coated lenses deliver optimal light transmission. Textured rubber armor provides a secure, non-slip grip. Water and fogproof performance keep the system operating in the harshest conditions.
- The included neck lanyard and removable utility clip make the Ranger easy to pack and keep handy. Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount.
Rangefinder Buyer’s Guide
Maximum Distance Range
Every rangefinder has a maximum measure of the distance it can cover. This is very important especially if you want to use it for longer distances. The longer or bigger the distance range, the more you will have versatility in terms of distance. They can go up to 150 yards in range.
Whether you are going out to hunt or play golf, you will be carrying your range finder around together with other items. You don’t want something that will wear you out. So it is important to consider a rangefinder that is light enough to carry around and small enough to pack it safely. Bulky rangefinders might become hard to use too.
Ease of Use
Having a weapon is one thing but when you don’t know how to use it, it becomes useless. So, you will need one that is straightforward enough to avoid wasting time trying to figure out what to do with it. Those with fewer operating buttons and user guides are the best, especially for beginners. A veteran in the field could operate any complicated item but a new user will need one whose functionality is easy to determine.
Money is everything. You will have to buy a rangefinder that is within your budget and still meets your needs. There is always something for everyone in the market. This buying guide is concerned with rangefinders within a budget of $200.There is a common saying that when the price is low, something has been sacrificed. It could be true that at a lower price you might not get every feature that you would in a high priced one but you can get reliable functionality within your budget.
It is one thing to think that something is great on the shelf and it is another thing to know how it actually works. Customer reviews on Amazon contributed to the creation of this buying guide. Reviews are important because they give you a true judgment on the ground.
Now that you know the most important factors that were considered in creating this buying guide, let us get to the details.
This comparison gives you a clear picture of your smartest rangefinder choice when you are working on a tight budget. For the cheapest rangefinder with reliable features, Halo XRT-7 takes the trophy. At that price, the level of magnification and the extra scan mode feature gives it a plus. If you want to cover better distance within the same magnification of 6 times, then you will pay more to get Leupold RX. If the distance is more important to you, then the best rangefinder would be Bushnell Trophy Extreme. Depending on your preference and ranking of features, you can now make your choice based on what is more important to you.