Today, Self-focusing binoculars have become one of the popular sub-categories in the world of sports optics.
Self-focusing binoculars have multiple names such as Autofocus binoculars, constant-focus, and also permanently focused binoculars. However, they are not what you may think of by their names. They do not make use of computerized or motorized techniques to focus on a certain target.
Rather, they are pre-focused devices. They are sometimes also referred to as fixed focus binoculars.
They aim at providing a clear and in-focus view. Their basic motive is that anything you wish to see above 40 feet away to the horizon should always be in focus.
Self-focusing binoculars do not possess any focusing knobs; in fact, they don’t require them. When producing them in factories, they have been fixed to focus on a particular point. After which, all you need to do is merely adjust the diopter of the eyepieces to suit your eyes only once.
To put in simply, Self-focusing binoculars use your eye’s natural ability to provide crystal clear images from 40 feet away to infinity.
What are the Advantages Self Focusing Binoculars?
- Since they have only a few moving parts, they are easy to manufacture. As such, they tend to be much cost-efficient, sturdy and durable. Additionally, they are also decently dustproof as well as waterproof. Thus they are used as marine binoculars and also in the field of military.
- Lesser components also imply that they are lightweight as compared to other standard models.
- Because they are already focused, no further focusing is required. You adjust the diopter once to meet your eye requirements and you’re good to go. Thus, it is easier as well as faster to use than others that need constant focusing. It is an ideal option for fast moving erratic objects.
- These binoculars are less complicated and easy to use, all thanks to the autofocussing feature. This makes it an ideal option for kids, elderly people and also if you are wearing thick gloves. Thus, well-suited for cold or harsh environments.
- They offer a good deep field of view, thus providing some magnificently clear views to enjoy.