A spotting scope is a small and portable high-power telescope that has been modified for land or sea viewing during the daytime. Using a spotting scope, one can view across great distances and observe intricate details that are impossible to capture even through binoculars. Addition of a spotting scope makes a huge difference in your observation and viewing experience during bird watching, hunting, ranging, nature observation, etc.
When you begin your research to find the best and most suitable long-range spotting scope, you may come across some technical terms which is why we have made a list of factors you must be aware of while choosing the best spotting scope for 1000 yards.
Let us help you sift through some of the factors you need to consider while purchasing the best spotting scopes for 1000 yards.
Long-Range Spotting Scope Reviews
Vortex Optics Diamondback 20-60×80 Straight Spotting Scope
Vortex Optics Diamondback 20-60×80 Straight Spotting Scope is one of the most popular spotting scopes available on the market and can be considered the best spotting scope for not only 100 yards or 200 yards but also a 1000 yards. It provides spectacular optical quality at an affordable price.
The use of fully multicoated lenses and phase corrective dielectric coating on the BAK-4 Porro prisms improve light transmission and overall image quality while the anti-reflective coatings reduce reflection, distortion, dispersion, etc.
This model comes with a variable magnification range of 20-60x which makes it quite easy for the spotting scope to zoom in on the finest details of the target object. The 80 mm objective lens is a blissful addition to the list of features which significantly enhances the light gathering ability of the Vortex Diamondback Spotting Scope.
This spotting scope comes in both straight and angled eyepiece design. The Straight Spotting Scope is pretty sleek and has an ergonomic design.
The incorporation of O-ring seal into the design of this spotting scope prevents moisture and dust from penetrating inside the spotting scope and makes it waterproof, fog proof as well as dust proof.
- Exceptional quality
- Quick and easy close focus
- Visual clarity loss at magnifications above 40x
- The Diamondback 20-60x80 Straight Spotting Scope is a superb choice when you need a heavyweight performer in a light, compact package.
- XR fully multi-coated lenses combined with a retractable, built-in sunshade give the user excellent light transmission and a clear image.
- A twist-and-lock collar allows you to move the scope for various glassing positions. The adjustable eyecup twists up and down to maximize comfort during use.
- Other convenience features include the smooth, easy to use focus wheel and a powerful zoom eyepiece.
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Diamondback delivers waterproof and fogproof performance. Rubber armor enhances both durability and grip for the user.
BARSKA 30-90×90 Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope
The BARSKA 30-90×90 Colorado Spotting Scope is one of the most powerful long-range spotting scopes on the market. The optical quality achieved by this spotting scope is superb and unmatchable. The image contrast is spectacular and makes your target object stand out from the rest of the image. The brightness, clarity, sharpness, and precision of the view achieved by the BARSKA Colorado Spotting Scope is exquisite and definitely sets some high standards for the rest of the long-range spotting scopes.
The presence of O-ring seal and nitrogen filling in the design of this spotting scope makes it completely waterproof and fog proof. So you shouldn’t be scared to test this bad boy out in the harshest weather conditions and rugged terrains.
The maximum magnification of 90x is astonishing and gives great results when combined with a 90 mm objective lens. Such a large objective lens improves the light gathering capacity of the spotting scope. This results in much brighter images and a better optical performance even in poor light conditions.
This BARSKA Spotting Scope can definitely be considered as one of the best spotting scopes for 1000 yards.
- Superb overall optical quality
- High-performance optics
- Ergonomic and sleek design
- Slightly on the heavier side
- Precision Optics: The spotter features powerful and versatile 30-90x magnification that allows easy targeting and then zoom in for a closer and detailed look.
- Quality Optics: The spotting scope comes with BK-7 prism, fully-coated optics, and 90mm objective lenses, bringing you bright and crystal clear views.
- Solid Construction: The spotting scope is waterproof, fogproof, shockproof, and has a straight body design for convenient using.
- Compact & Portable: The compact spotter comes with a carrying soft case for convenience storage and transport.
- Sport type: Outdoors
Gosky 20-60X 80 Porro Prism Spotting Scope
Gosky 20-60×80 Porro Prism Spotting Scope is an all-weather spotting scope that can easily be touted as one of the best spotting scopes for 1000 yards. This spotting scope is able to provide you with crystal clear and bright views every time.
This spotting scope includes fully multicoated optics with green film objective lens and high-quality Porro prisms to improve its light transmission ability and make your views bright, crisp and clear. The BAK-4 prisms make sure to reduce any kind of chromatic aberration. The variable magnification power of 20x to 60x and a dynamic focusing mechanism makes it easy for you to close in on your target object.
This Gosky spotting scope has a durable Magnalium chassis along with a rubber armor to make it completely shockproof, scratch proof and suitable for rugged use. The sealing property makes it a waterproof model which can withstand the toughest weather conditions. The field of view for this model ranges from 115.2.-57.6ft at 1000 yards. Also, the eye relief of 13.5-17 mm is exactly right for long range spotting scopes
- Exceptional optical performance
- Fully multicoated optics
- Value for money
- Bad quality tripod stand
- Fully multi-coated 80mm green film objective lens, eyepiece and quality prism inside - guarentee the key elements of a spotting scope, and make your view brighter, clearer and delivers crisp images.
- Variable 20x to 60x magnification and dynamic lens focusing system -- makes it easy to zoom in on target. Designed for birdwatching, watching wildlife and scenery.
- Durable Magnalium Framework and Rubber Armor - Its tight fitting protection makes it usable to withstand the toughest weather conditions. The shock-absorbing rubber armor for maximum protection. And the eyepiece shield can be stretched out to protect the eyepiece.
- Waterproof Design : Its sealing property ensures the living waterproof function.
- Comes with a digiscoping adapter for digiscoping. (Note: for all spotting scopes, the original picture is in a circle, pleae zoom the camera to get a full screen picture.) It also comes with Carrying Case, Eyepiece and Lens Protection Covers, Cleaning Cloth and handy Straps.
Tasco World Class 20-60×80 Zoom Waterproof/Fog proof Spotting Scope
The Tasco “World Class” 20-60×80 Spotting Scope is true to its name and provides a world-class experience. Its straight design is exceptional and durable as well.
This particular spotting scope is fitted with high-quality optical components which ensure the visual clarity, sharpness, and brightness of the resulting image. Tasco World Class spotting scope is equipped with a variable magnification power of 20-60x which is super impressive and lets you zoom into a much greater level of detail in a target object. On top of that, it never lets a view get blurred due to the higher magnification. Also, it makes use of a pretty wide 80 mm objective lens which allows more light to be transmitted through the spotting scope and increase the overall brightness of the image.
Additionally, this model of the spotting scope is completely waterproof and fog proof so you need not worry about rain, fog or any other kind of harsh weather.
The world-class optics are fully multi-coated to provide you with a crystal clear view of your target. Also, the spotting scope is relatively more stable than its counterparts.
The Tasco World Class Spotting Scope can definitely be considered one of the best spotting scopes for 1000 yards.
- Fully multicoated optics
- High definition images
- Durable design
- Waterproof and fog proof
- Poor quality tripod
- Bright, vivid color and high contrast viewing with fully coated optics
- Zoom in with maximum magnification utilizing the selectable power range. Optimal for birdwatching, nature viewing, hunting, target shooting, hiking camping, moon gazing and general observation.
- Durable optic with aggressive elegant rubber armor protecting this precision instrument from the elements
- Capture the finest details with easy grip focus control.
- Out of the box ready and Comes complete with sturdy table top tripod and soft carrying case for Convenience.
Leupold SX-1 Ventana 2 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope
Leupold has created a name for itself in the optics industry and has been known to deliver exceptional optical performance and viewing experience through their products. The Leupold SX-1 Ventana 2 Spotting Scope is one of their products which provides outstanding image performance and optical quality while maintaining its pocket-friendly price.
Due to the presence of a large 80 mm objective lens, this spotting scope possesses an impressive light gathering ability resulting in bright images. This makes the Leupold SX-1 spotting scope suitable for use in poor light conditions such as dusk and dawn. This spotting scope model is ideal for outdoor activities such as wildlife viewing, bird watching, hunting, etc.
The body is secured with a rubberized armor which protects the spotting scope from scratches and dents and makes it shockproof and strong enough for rugged use. Also, this spotting scope can withstand harsh weather conditions due to the use of O-ring seals and nitrogen filling which makes it waterproof as well as fog proof.
This spotting scope comes with retractable lens shades and foldable eyecups for easy handling. The field of view stands at 89-47’/27-14′ at 1000 yards.
- Exceptional light gathering ability
- High optical quality
- Rugged and shockproof design
- Slightly bulky
- Leupold Model #170760 SX-1 Ventana 2 20-60x80mm - Straight w/kit
- Includes a compact Adjustable tripod, hard side carrying case, Soft case, neoprene strap and lens covers
- 100% waterproof, Fog proof, & shockproof
- Guard-ion lens coating sheds water, dirt, and fingerprints for a clear, crisp image
- Twilight Light Management System adds up to 10 extra minutes of glassing light
Other Best Selling Options
- ✅【High Magnification】This spotting scope features a powerful zoom magnification range that adjustable 20x to 60x magnification,45 degree angled eyepiece ergonomic design allows more comfortable viewing. Field-of-view is 39-19m/1000m, brings nature closer to you than ever. Perfect for target shooting, hunting, bird watching wildlife, spotting moon, traveling, hiking, camping, archery, astronomy etc
- ✅【Fully Multi-coated Lens】The lens are all fully multi-coated and features BAK4 roof prism to increases light transmission and delivers bright, clear, high-contrast images even in low-light conditions. For long range viewing, a dual focus wheel system enables fast and fine-tuning focus adjustment,allows you to lock onto your target and zoom in for more detail clearly
- ✅【Durable Construction】High-quality rubber armor provides non-slip grip, shock-proof grip and durable external protection. Built-in retractable sunshade reduces glare, come with tripod allows rotation of the eyepiece to a sideways position, providing adjustable viewing angles
- ✅【Waterproof Fogproof 】The waterproof spotting scope provides exceptional performance in the most rugged conditions. the spotter scope optics are sealed with O-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the spotting scope, fogproof barrel is filled with nitrogen gas to inhibit internal fogging, completely protection for all weather conditions
- ✅【Emarth VIP Customer Service】 - Emarth offers lifetime VIP customer service for our customers, you are welcome to contact us if any problem with our optics products, our special line service will work hard to put a smile back on your face
- 【POWERFUL MAGNIFICATION】: Adjustable powerful 20-60x zoom magnification allows you to lock onto your target and zoom in for more detail. Perfect for target shooting, archery, hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, hiking, camping, scenery, outdoor sporting, astronomical observation etc
- 【FULLY MULTI-COATED LENS】: Fully multi-coated 60mm green film objective lens provides a field of view at 50-110ft/1000 yards. The quality BAK4 Porro prism optics increases light transmission, delivers bright, clear, high-contrast images even in low-light conditions. 45 degree angled eyepiece provides more comfortable viewing
- 【DURABLE CONSTRUCTION】: Durable framework and high-quality rubber armor provide non-slip grip, shock-proof grip and durable external protection, which enables the scope to withstand the toughest weather conditions. The eyepiece shield can be stretched out to protect the eyepiece
- 【WATERPROOF DESIGN】: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the scope for reliable performance in all environments. Nitrogen gas purging delivers further waterproof performance
- 【FULL RANGE OF ACCESSORIES】: A smartphone digiscoping adapter included enables you to take photos and videos of what you have observed. Bring the nature closer to you and you can explore the distant world easily through the phone screen. A tripod provides you a more stable observation from any angles. A carry case, eyepiece and lens protection covers, cleaning cloth make you more convenient to carry and maintain
- Variable 20x to 60x magnification and dynamic lens focusing system - makes it easy to zoom in on target. Perfect for target shooting, archery, hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, hiking, camping, scenery, outdoor sporting, astronomical observation etc
- Fully multi-coated 80mm green film objective lens provides a field of view at 82.9-48ft/1000yards. The quality BAK4 Porro prism optics increases light transmission and make your view brighter, clearer and delivers crisp images.
- Nitrogen filled waterproof and fog-proof design enables the scope to withstand the toughest environments. Durable Framework and Rubber Armor provide non-slip grip, shock-proof grip and durable external lasting protection. The eyepiece shield can be stretched out to protect the eyepiece
- A smartphone digiscoping adapter included enables you to take photos and videos of what you have observed. Bring the nature closer to you and you can explore the distant world easily through the phone screen. A tripod provides you a more stable observation from any angles. A carry case, eyepiece and lens protection covers, cleaning cloth make you more convenient to carry and maintain
- Includes tabletop full metal tripod and tripod mount for steady observations. The carry case, eyepiece and lens protection covers, cleaning cloth make you more convenient to carry and maintain.
- Precision Optics: The spotter features powerful and versatile 25-125x magnification that allows easy targeting and then zoom in for a closer and detailed look.
- Quality Optics: The spotting scope comes with fully-coated optics and large 88mm objective lenses, bringing you bright and crystal clear views.
- Easy Focus: The adjustable objective lens allows the user to make fine adjustments with the front focus settings while maintaining a visual on the target object.
- Solid Construction: The rubber armor exterior makes this spotting scope waterproof, fogproof, shockproof, reliable in demanding conditions.
- Steady Viewing: The included tabletop tripod and ACCU-Grip handle ensure steady viewing in any situation. Also comes with hard and soft carrying cases.
- FULLY MULTI-COATED GREEN LENS - High definition 80mm fully multi-coated green film objective lens with superior BAK4 prism which reduces stray light from entering the lens and allows light transmission and brightness for more clear and brighter viewing, gets crisp images.
- HIGH VARIABLE MAGNIFICATION - Magnification 20X-60X continuous variable zoom and dynamic lens focusing system make it easy to zoom in on target. Perfect for target shooting, archery, hunting, bird watching, wildlife watching, hiking, camping, scenery, outdoor sporting, astronomical observation etc.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - High quality material brings you better experience. Special design: non-slip grip, shock-proof grip, nitrogen-filled waterproof, fog-proof, built-in retractable sunshade, eyepiece shield...Provide you with the best quality products.
- CATCH THE NATURE INTO YOUR SCREEN - Comes with a digiscoping cell phone adapter - which enables you to take videos and images in the distant world.The phone adaptor fits most of smart phones with or without cases on the market, which is quicker and easier installation and remove. It is not only suit for spotting scope, but also other optical instruments.
- ALL IN ONE - You will receive a black oxford carrying bag in a black box, which includes a LANDOVE 20-60X80mm BAK4 Waterproof Angled Prism Spotting Scope, a metal table tripod, a QUICK SET SMARTPHONE ADAPTER, a cleaning cloth, two lens covers and LIFETIME WARRANTY GUARANTEE, LIFETIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
Long Range Spotting Scope Buyer’s Guide
Magnifying power is an important factor to consider when purchasing a spotting scope. It is required because once you have located your object, you wish to examine your target as closely as possible. Higher magnifying power in a spotting scope will allow you to see objects which are at a considerable distance without distorting the clarity. Most of the spotting scopes have a variable magnification range between 15x and 60x. But for finding the best long-range spotting scope, the ideal magnification should be at least 16x.
Objective Lens Size
Objective Lens size determines the light transmission and retention rates of a spotting scope. The amount of light gathered and transmitted by the spotting scope which leads to brighter images and views, is directly proportional to the size of the Objective Lens size. So, with the increase in width of the objective lens, the images get crisper. The best long-range spotting scopes should have an objective lens diameter between 50 mm and 100 mm.
Overall Optical Quality
To witness spectacular views, one needs to use a spotting scope with lenses made of best quality glass. Based on the degree to which the lens has been polished and the clarity of glass used, the overall quality is determined. Optical quality is very important to have the best viewing experience because it reduces the dispersion and reflection of light. The best spotting scopes use lenses made with High Definition (HD), Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass.
The lens coating is an important feature in a spotting scope because it significantly affects the optical quality and performance of the spotting scope. The lens needs to be coated properly to get rid of its irregularities and protect it from dust and scratches. This helps in preventing the diffraction and distortion of light. Further, anti-reflective coatings can be used to reduce the amount of reflection which ultimately helps in increasing the overall brightness. Also, lens coatings tend to smoothen the lens surface and make them easier to clean. One can even expect the use of phase corrective coatings for the optical elements used in a spotting scope. The best spotting scopes use fluorite-coated glass and fully multicoated optics.
Those who wear spectacles should pay attention to the amount of eye relief offered by a long-range spotting scope. With a longer eye relief, eyeglass wearers can see a complete field of view because the optics are able to locate the focal point farther back behind the eyepiece. For a good spotting scope, an eye relief of 12-15 mm is suitable.
Close Focus Mechanism
The extent to which an object can be focused is referred to as close focus. It can be achieved either with a focusing collar or a focus knob incorporated into the spotting scope design.
A spotting scope needs to durable enough to accompany you on several trips and excursions and provide you with the best optical experience. You must ensure that the spotting scopes have a strong and protective armor to make them suitable for rugged use.
It is important for spotting scopes to be waterproof, fog proof and dust proof since they are an essential outdoor gear. This will allow you to continue using them even under harsh weather conditions. You can be assured of clear sights during rain, storm or cold weather.
We have compiled a list of the best and most popular spotting scopes ideal for a distance of a 1000 yards.
Now that you are aware of what a spotting scope is and the factors you need to consider while purchasing a spotting scope suitable for 1000 yards along with some of the most popular models available on the market, it should be easy for you to figure out the right model for yourself. Keeping in mind the need and the purpose that is buying a spotting scope will help you buy the right spotting scope. The best spotting scope is the one that suits your specific requirements and fits right into your budget. The market is filled with several spotting scopes manufactured by various brands that can be categorized as the best spotting scopes for 100 yards or the best spotting scopes for 200 yards and so on. Make sure that you find the right model which can be touted as one of the best long-range spotting scopes for 1000 yards.